Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cooking for Grandma



Sometimes when my aunt goes away on a trip my uncle and grandma are left alone. Most of the time he gets fast food or just heats up a microwave dinner. When he ask me to feed her because he had something to do I was more than happy. He said to just go get her something and I suggested that I cook something. I love to cook for people because it gives me a great joy seeing their faces and the "Mmmm" that comes out of their mouths so I try and do it as often as I can. I decided that I was craving beef enchiladas. So that's what I made.


The ingredients are a lb. of beef, canned enchilada sauce ( I don't have time to make the real thing so give me a break would ya)corn tortillas, Mexican cheese and minute rice or any kind of rice if you have the time to make it. ( Don't mention the time to clean an extra pot). I usually don't add rice to it but I decided to try it and see how it goes.


Cook the ground beef in a skillet until it is nice and brown


The cooked ground beef should all be brown and after you should strain it to get all of the grease out of the pan. I like to wipe the pan with a paper towel after I drain the meat to make sure all the extra fat is out.

Heat some oil in a pan. ( I used olive oil because it is better for you but you could use anything)

Fry the tortilla for about 20 seconds on each side. I made 6 but you can guess how many will fit into your casserole dish.

Casserole dish

(One step that I forgot to show) Take a paper plate and put some of the enchilada sauce on the plate. Next coat each side of the cooked tortilla with the sauce.

Don't forget to cook the rice.

Mix the rice and ground beef together

Put the mixture on the tortilla.

Cover it with lots of cheese.

Fold both sides in and place the folded side down.


You can do an assembly line: Coat tortilla, add beef mixture,cheese,fold! It should come out like the picture above.

Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the enchiladas.

Should look like this.

Add tons of cheese.I love my cheese. So the more the tastier!

It should look like this when it is done. It was so yummy! That it for today's show, until next time you can always make food yummy! ( I like to say yummy)

No comments:

Post a Comment